A Montana Landmark
For Over 70 Years
RIFLES CENTERFIRE TACTICAL
Wakeboards / Surf / Skate
Flathead Valley State Parks
Classic Iron Volume XIV
Get Outside Volume XIV
Master Seminar Series - Walleye 12-10-2022
Master Seminar Series Ice Fishing Electronics 12-10-2022
Master Seminar Series Ice Fishing Safety 12-10-2022
Fish-On Ice for the Whole Family
Christmas Tree Permits
Get Outside Volume XIII
Classic Iron Volume XIII
2022 Elks 31 Guns
Guidelines for Hunting, Fishing, Trapping and Recreating on State Trust land in Montana
Get Outside Volume XII
Classic Iron Volume XII
One Lonely Chick
Get Outside Volume XI
Classic Iron Volume XI
Kids Fishing Fair 2022 Awards
General Big Game Hunting Season 2021
Stage 2 Fire Restrictions In Effect
Hard Flathead Valley Trails
Moderate Flathead Valley Trails
Easy Flathead Valley Trails
Shopping For A New Binocular
Posted on 02.04.2023
406-756-BAIT (2248) |
Your headquarters for a current Flathead Valley Fishing Report.
Brought to you by Snappy's
A Store Like No Other, Since 1947.
Flathead Lake (Somers Bay)
- Variable Ice conditions, be safe and use your spud bars!
Lake Mary Ronan
- 6 inches of ice. Layered snow and slush. The bite has slowed up still a few perch being caught around 30'.
- 12+ inches of ice. Pike being caught on tip-ups and small jigging spoons.
- 5 inches of ice. There have been a few salmon being caught around 40'-50'. Swedish Pimples paired with glow hooks or Zimmer Wannabe jigs have been good options.
- 10+ inches of ice. Grayling still biting around 12'-15'. Purple or black Ratfinkees have been solid.
- 5 inches of ice. Limits of salmon being caught off the west shore!
- 7+ inches of ice. A few lakers being caught around 100' using white tubes. Mixed in have been a few good pike being caught off tip-ups.
Middle Thompson Lake
- 7+ inches of ice. Lots of perch around 15'-25'. A few salmon starting to be caught as well.
- 6-8 inches of ice. The whitefish are being caught off the east side around 75'-100'. Good numbers of lakers being caught as well.